Just ahead of the ISO/IEC JTC 1 WG 9 Big Data Standards meeting to be held in Dublin, March 8th-11th, Dublin City University and others have put together a workshop that will:
- Introduce and overview ISO/IEC JTC 1/WG 9
- Promote global Big Data standardisation with European partners
- Leverage existing expertise to augment the EU Standardisation initiatives
- Explore public and private perspectives in Big Data
- Share European communities’ Big Data initiatives and research results.
Also, an important objective is to bring the European community of Big Data to be more active in the ISO/IEC JTC 1 WG 9 standardisation effort, and to make a link between the different ongoing activities within Europe, especially those under the umbrella of the Big Data PPP and the , and this standardisation group.
W3C’s Phil Archer will be there to represent Big Data Europe, presenting the project work to date and talking about the new Permissions & Obligations Expression Working Group that is closely associated with BDE.
Find out more and register for the International Workshop in Big Data Standards on 7 March in Dublin.