The 3rd International Conference on Digital Data Integration & Management was held successfully in Berlin, September 26-28.
The event was focused on how SCADA data gathering can lead to advanced and pro-active asset management for the increase of turbine efficiency through sophisticated data management and control.
The main topics covered were:
- Increasing Turbine efficiency through sophisticated data management and control
- Optimize wind farm performance through the use of LiDAR and SCADA data
- How to turn data into actionable insights
- New concepts for wind turbine and plant level control systems
- From Scada to Asset Management
- Conditional monitoring
- Digital infrastructure to collect, visualize and analyse data
- Failure analysis and predictive maintenance tools
The Conference’s program was divided in the following sections:
- Operational wind turbine data – requirements, access and analysis for turbine and park optimization
- Big data an IoT – supporting decision making in wind turbine operation
- Advanced forecasting and condition monitoring to improve performance and reduce risks
- Lidar measurement for more accurate measurements and a higher energy yield
- Integrating wind power into the electricity market
During Conference’s first day, Dimitri Foussekis from CRES presented the BDE platform for Condition Monitoring of wind turbines (SC3 Energy, 2nd pilot). In brief, the main specifications of the CMS (Condition Monitoring System) were presented, as well as, the reasoning behind the choice of Apache’s Spark as the basic component of platform for the analysis of 150TB of measured data.
Finally, 3 interactive workshops were also held to actively foster open exchange and discussion and promote decisions crucial to business excellence.
- Dynamic supervisory system on a wind farm
- How to improve the informational content of SCADA data
- Data availability and access
BDE presentation attracted the very interest of participants and the consequent discussion revolved around the capabilities of dealing with voluminous data sets and the opportunities of BDE platform.