- This event has passed.
BigDataEurope Workshop on Smart, Green and Integrated Transport
October 7, 2015 @ 08:30 - 13:00Free
SAVE THE DATE
The workshop focuses on Big Data in the H2020 Societal Challenge Smart, green and integrated transport. Participants to this workshop will have the opportunity to influence the design, and ultimate benefit from the Big Data platform that the BigDataEurope project will deliver. This platform aims to facilitate Big Data usage in real world examples, and will consist of an architecture, components, guidelines and best practices to make the best of Big Data in this case in the setting of transport.
The workshop will focus on the elicitation of requirements for Big Data management within the intelligent transport domain.
The interactive workshop will consist of three sessions with keynote presentations on the topics of:
- BigDataEurope and existing Data-centric initiatives in Transport
- Existing and potential Big Data use-cases and applications in Transport
- Tools and technologies Technical requirements for a Big Data Platform in Transport
The presentations will be followed by a one hour break-out session, where participants can join one of the three groups on Policy, Data and Technology, or Business. The chairmen of the three break-out groups will report to the Plenary Session and the workshop will be rounded off with a final Q&A session.
To register for the workshop please click through to the ITS World Congress website.
- In case you have already registered for the Congress, you can modify your registration and add the workshop to your list of associated events.
- In case you are not an ITS Congress participant, you will need to follow the Congress registration process and select the BigDataEurope workshop you will attend. Under the tab ‘Registration Category‘ please select ‘Exhibition Visitor‘ in the drop-down menu. You will receive your ITS Congress registration badge at the entrance of the Congress that will give you access to the BigDataEurope workshop.
Registration to this workshop is for free for both Congress and non-Congress participants.
The workshop targets European stakeholders to participate in the definition of the Big Data needs and requirements for the European intelligent transport domain.
The workshop is the first in a series of three workshops, the following two foreseen to take place in 2016 and 2017. The future workshops will focus on the alignment and improvement of the specifications, and on the evaluation of project technologies on selected use cases.
9:00 Official Welcome (Maxime Flament, ERTICO – ITS Europe)
9:15 Opening Session
- 9:15-9:30: Big Data for Transport – Why Does it Matter? (Paul Timmers, European Commission)
- 9:30-9:40: What can big data do for transport? (Simon Scerri, Fraunhofer IAIS)
9:40 Session 1: Data-centric Initiatives in Transport
- 9:40-9:50: Big Data Sources For/From Intelligent Road Transport: An overview (Evangelos Mitsakis, CERTH)
- 9:50 – 10:00: The use of big data for public transport performance measurement (Roberto Baldessari, NEC)
- 10:00 – 10:15: The role of social media in transport (Dave Marples, Technolution)
10:15-10:25: Coffee break
10:25: Session 2: Big Data Use-cases in Transport
- 10:25-10:35 : Open Logistics (German Herrero, ATOS)
- 10:35-10:45: Real-time Traffic information and traffic management (Nick Cohn, TomTom)
- 10:45-10:55 How to deal with all the data that is generated by the vehicle sensors? (Sean Gaines, Vicomtech)
10:55: Session 3: Technologies and Tools used and envisaged
- 10:55 – 11:05: Existing tools and technologies used across other sectors (Simon Scerri, Fraunhofer IAIS)
- 11:05-11:15: Data Analyses in Transport (Helena Gellerman, Chalmers University)
11:20-12:20 Breakout sessions (Business, Policy, Data & Technology)
Leader of the Business group: Dave Marples, Technolution
Leader of the Policy group: Giselle Roesems, DG CONNECT
Leader of the Data & Technology group: Sean Gaines, Vicomtech
12:20 Coffee break
12:30 Breakout session reports
12:55 Closing note
- Join the discussion on the BDE-Smart, Green and Integrated Transport Community Group https://www.w3.org/community/bde-transport/
- Subscribe to the BigDataEurope Newsletter