The 1st workshop on Big Data in Secure Societies, organised by the EU SatCen in the framework of the BigDataEurope project, was held in Brussels on the 30th of September.
With dedicated sessions on specific topics led by specialists from the BDE project and the Security domain, the workshop aimed to:
- Identify current and future challenges for Big data and data management in the “Secure Societies” societal challenge;
- Build a Security community involving relevant entities through the collection of user requirements and Big Data implementation strategies;
- Show real world examples and use cases;
- Highlight the current state of the BDE project and the pilot case for the Security domain;
- Support the design and realization of the necessary ICT infrastructure on which the deployment and use of the BigDataEurope platform will be based.
The workshop was a success with 45 people coming from the European Commission (DG CNECT, DG HOME, DG GROW, DG RTD), JRC, EDA, EUROPOL, Frontex, ESA, DLR, CDTI, ASD-EUROSPACE, EARSC and a number of other entities and private companies covering the domains of Space and Security, Fight against Crime and Cybersecurity.