With dedicated sessions on specific topics led by specialists from the BDE project and the Security domain, the workshop aimed to:
- Identify current and future challenges for Big data and data management in the “Secure Societies” societal challenge;
- Build a Security community involving relevant entities through the collection of user requirements and Big Data implementation strategies;
- Show real world examples and use cases;
- Highlight the current state of the BDE project and the pilot case for the Security domain;
- Support the design and realization of the necessary ICT infrastructure on which the deployment and use of the BigDataEurope platform will be based.
The workshop was a success with 45 people coming from the European Commission (DG CNECT, DG HOME, DG GROW, DG RTD), JRC, EDA, EUROPOL, Frontex, ESA, DLR, CDTI, ASD-EUROSPACE, EARSC and a number of other entities and private companies covering the domains of Space and Security, Fight against Crime and Cybersecurity.