- how large scale data interoperability in this domain is effected by standards, vocabularies and ontologies
- veracity and provenance of data sources as the key to building user trust
- standardisation approaches required to ensure interoperability
- being clear about data areas where standardization would be a challenge owing to gaps in existing tooling
- how advances in visualization are needed to gain impact and value from big data
- the importance of privacy and security especially as this relates to patient/private data
- how policy is influenced by smart ideas and innovation
- establishing, recognizing and sharing best practice
The BigDataEurope project has set up a survey identifying current and future challenges for Big data and data management in the seven H2020 societal challenge topics. The primary objective of the survey will be to elicit requirements for the big data integrator platform. Followed by a focus on reviewing the architecture for prototype implementation, and platform evaluation and showcasing, in the second and third year.
The planned BigDataEurope platform will offer to the interested participating third parties the opportunities of the latest European RTD developments, including real-time streaming, multilingual data harvesting, data analytics and data visualisation. The broad targeted survey will investigate on how this development should be shaped to the specific pre-conditions and needs in sectors like Health, Pharma, Climate, Energy, Agriculture, Well-being, Society and Security.
BigDataEurope project asks for participation in the survey from now on until the end of June.
On May 13th 2015, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and the Unit of the European Commission responsible for e-infrastructures, organised a workshop on the way European e-infrastructures may support the activities of EFSA. The meeting followed up a series of initial discussions and brainstorming between EFSA and various EC Units on how data-related activities … Continue reading Openness and e-infrastructures for the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
The post Openness and e-infrastructures for the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) appeared first on Agro-Know blog.