The European Data Science Academy (EDSA) is excited to announce a series of Summer Bootcamps across Europe.
During the EDSA Machine Learning Bootcamp for Data Scientists, participants will start on their machine learning journey by acquiring hands-on experience with machine learning models, methods, and algorithms, so that they will be able to tackle real-world machine learning challenges. Topics covered will include machine learning theory, types of learning, techniques, models and methods. The labs are developed to practically learn how to use the R programming language and packages for applying the main concepts and techniques of Machine Learning.
The upcoming EDSA Machine Learning Bootcamp for Data Scientists will take place at the premises of the Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems (IAIS) on the 16-17 August 2017.
The syllabus will comprise of the following topics:
- Define machine learning, why it matters, and discuss its relationship to analytics, data science, and big data.
- Machine learning fundamentals, the importance of algorithms, and machine learning as a service.
- Basics of R platform, programming language concepts, common and useful R commands, and applying machine learning methods.
- Understanding the steps in the machine learning pipeline, from data acquisition and feature generation, to training and model selection.
You can find more info about the programme here.
As a participant in this Bootcamp, you will receive an exclusive copy of this study guide. The guide provides both a deep understanding of the techniques and practices of machine learning and exposes a wide set of resources capable of being wielded by the data scientist and analysts in their work. Readers will encounter explanations of the theory behind the algorithms and models they are exposed to, giving them an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each which they should be able to use to reason about suitable approaches to real life problem – and to communicate such reasoning to other stakeholders in such problems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS BOOTCAMP?
Business and technology professionals, developers, architects, data analysts, IT engineers, technology managers, and all those who wish to learn applied machine learning. This is also a great opportunity for recent university graduates who would like to explore data science as a career possibility.
THE EUROPEAN DATA SCIENCE ACADEMY (EDSA)
The ‘Age of Data’ continues to thrive, with data being produced from all industries at a phenomenal rate that introduces numerous challenges regarding the collection, storage and analysis of this data. To address these challenges, the European Data Science Academy (EDSA):
- Analyses sector specific skill sets for data analysts across Europe’s main industrial sectors;
- Develops modular and adaptable curricula to meet these Data Science needs; and
- Delivers training supported by multi-platform and multilingual learning resources based on these curricula.
The EDSA’s curricula and learning resources are guided and evaluated by experts in both Data Science and pedagogy to ensure they meet the needs of the Data Science community. To learn more about the EDSA, our Skills Dashboard and Courses Portal, and to become a member please visit http://edsa-project.eu/
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 643937