The event was a success with around 60 participants coming from EC (DG AGRI, DG CNECT, DG EAC, DG ECHO, DG GROW, DG HOME, DG RTD, EASME, Eurostat), CDTI, EARSC, EDA, ESA, Frontex, GEO and a number of key stakeholders, data users, service providers, private companies and other entities from a variety of domains in Secure Societies such as Space & Security and Cybersecurity.
By dedicated interactive sessions on specific topics, the workshop aimed to:
- Go into current and future Big Data needs and challenges in Secure Societies;
- Contribute to the building of a community sharing Big Data requirements and strategies;
- Discuss real user scenarios and use cases, e.g. related to the provision of products and services in the Space & Security domain;
- Present and have feedback on the BigDataEurope pilot for Secure Societies currently under implementation and dealing with the integration of remote and social sensing data for change detection;
- Offer the opportunity to participate in the BigDataEurope project and in the Big Data platform development.