Big Data Europe consortium schedules the third workshop on big data in the energy sector on the 28th of November, 2017 in Amsterdam, within the Wind Europe Conference and Exhibition 2017. This workshop will provide a key opportunity for stakeholders in the energy sector to be updated on the latest developments related to BigDataEurope’s platform and pilot cases and discuss future application cases for the benefit of the energy community.
The platform targets the facilitation of big data usage in real world examples and will consist of the architecture, components, guidelines and best practices, all tailored according to the community requirements.
The aim of this workshop is the discussion of current and future challenges for data management and analysis in the fields of wind energy, the potential and applicability of the BDE platform for addressing these challenges and the pilot cases for system monitoring and forecasting.
The workshop addresses a wide audience including data users, researchers, developers, IT service providers and institutions in the wind energy domain.
WindEurope Conference and Exhibition event in Amsterdam will be attended by 8,000 wind industry players. The conference will open with high-level politicians and C-level industry leaders debating industry trends and outlook followed by comprehensive program of parallel session featuring general and scientific presentations relating to onshore and offshore wind energy. BDE will be also presented in conference and at CRES exhibition booth (1G91).
Attendance: Free (no ticket for the conference or the exhibition is needed for entering the workshop)
Venue: Amsterdam RAI Exhibition and Convention Centre, Elicium 2nd floor Room D203 (see map)
13:00 – 13:10 Welcome & Introduction
- Introducing attendees, workshop goals
- BigDataEurope: Scope and opportunities (BDE Consortium)
13:10 – 13:25 Review talks
- EU Research & Innovation priorities on Energy and Digitalisation (Mr Mark van Stiphout, Mark VAN STIPHOUT, DG ENER C.2, Dep. Head of Unit)
- Big Data in Energy domain (BDE consortium, CRES)
13:25 – 14:30 Asset management and Big Data
- Cloud based Wind Analytics (Mr Masoud Asgarpour, Team Lead Analytics, VATTENFALL)
- Wind Farm monitoring with advanced analytics (Mr Peter Clive, WoodGroup)
- Options for Wind Farm performance assessment and Power forecasting (Mr Athanasios Kyritsis, Analyst, ALTSOL/TERNA)
14:30 – 15:10 BDE Open Platform
- BDE Platform: components, application fields, how to install and use (Mr Ivan Ermilov, IT Researcher, University of Leipzig)
- Round table discussion for Big Data tools and BDE platform use
15:10 – 15:20 Coffee break – networking
15:20 – 16:40 System monitoring and Big Data
- Big Data in Wind Turbine Condition Monitoring (Prof Jan Helsen, Drivetrain monitoring and Big Data coordinator, OWI Lab)
- Data management challenges in WT testing and monitoring (Mr Gorka Gainza, Engineering Manager, ARESSE)
- BDE Pilot case for Wind Turbine condition monitoring research (BDE, Mr F. Mouzakis, Head Wind Turbine Testing, CRES)
16:40 – 16:55 Round table discussion
- Future data management and analytics needs in Wind Energy
- BDE platform prospects: development, application and maintenance
- Future research opportunities
- Scheduled Webinar
16:50 – 17:00 Summary, Outreach & Farewell