BDE was presented at the 4th EDITION WIND POWER BIG DATA AND IOT FORUM held on the 8th – 9th November 2017 in Berlin, Germany.
The event was attended by more than 100 delegates representing the leading manufacturers (i.e. VESTAS, SIEMENS, GAMESA, SUZLON, Goldwind etc), major operators (VATTENFALL, TERNA, E-ON, DONG etc), academia (UCLM, University of Birmingham, DTU etc) service providers (Uniper, Innogy, Envision, Catapult, Sgurr, DNV, UL-DEWI etc), component manufacturers and institutes.
The event covered a variety of topics all related to the data management and analytics challenges that the industry faces today in five sessions:
- The future of Smart Wind Turbines
- Wind Power Resource Assessment and Forecasting
- Harnessing the Power of Big Data
- Benchmarking and Performance Optimization
- Advanced Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance
The discussions were focused in the field of:
- the potential use cases of Big data & IoT in renewable energy
- what tools and methods are required for benchmarking in order to get tangible results
- the impact of Big data & IoT on operations/business models due to digitalization & analytics
- how to implement the technology to asset management
- real challenges to face in CMS (Condition Monitoring Systems based on SCADA Data) implementation
- uses of machine learning algorithms for turbine performance monitoring and improvement of the yield of a wind turbine
- predictive maintenance techniques
- challenges of power forecasting for wind farm portfolios
- integrated solution for data management for an operator of several wind farms
CRES presentation, in Advanced Condition Monitoring session onthe 9th, included a short overview of the available Big Data Tools, the outline of BigData Europe project, the BDE platform and components and the pilot cases in system monitoring. Focus was paid in the opportunities that BDE platform can offer and to the forthcoming webinars and workshops.