On 2nd February 2018, the BigDataEurope (BDE) societal challenge on transport (SC4) hosted its third and final hangout. Entitled “The Way Forward for Big Data in Transport”, the hangout presented the results of the work done in the BDE project and discussed the advancements of big data in the transport sector.
The BigDataEurope (BDE) project came to a close at the end of 2017 with a number of technical results to show after three years of development and pilot testing. A key outcome of the project was the Big Data Integrator Platform(BDI), which provides an integrated stack of tools that allow large-scale data resources to be processed, analysed and published without the need for native installations of additional tools for data processing at scale.
As an ecosystem of specifications and reference implementations, BDI has tremendous potential for deployment across sectors and for a range of players in the data value chain.
During the course of the project, BDE’s Thessaloniki-based transport pilot, which represents the EU’s fourth societal challenge (SC4), carried out important development and testing of the BDI Platform.
In our final webinar entitled The Way Forward for Big Data in Transport we will present:
- results from the transport pilot’s use of the BDI Platform
- conclusions from BDE’s SC4 workshop: BigDataEurope and the Societal Challenge on Transport. (The workshop, held in September 2017, collected feedback from stakeholders requiring transport solutions on how the platform can be extended to increase its value and facilitate further applications.)
- next steps for big data in transport (in cooperation with LeMO – another EU project focussing on big data in the transport sector)
Agenda: The Way Forward for Big Data in Transport
- Introduction to the BigDataEurope project
- Josep Maria Salanova – CERTH (10:00 – 10:05)
- Summary and conclusions from BDE SC4 Workshop: BigDataEurope and the Societal Challenge on Transport
- Maxime Flament – ERTICO-ITS Europe (10:05 – 10:15)
- Final Report on the Transport Pilot Using the Big Data Europe Integrator Platform
- Luigi Selmi – Fraunhofer IAIS (10:15-10:25)
- Big Data in Transport: Next Steps with LeMO project
- Rajendra Akerkar – Vestlandsforsking (10:25 – 10:35)
- Conclusions and Q&A (10:35 – 11:00)
We look forward to your participation!
- WHAT: Webinar: The Way Forward for Big Data in Transport
- WHEN: 2 February 2018, 10:00 – 11:00
- WHO: Josep Maria Salanova (CERTH), Maxime Flament (ERTICO-ITS Europe), Luigi Selmi (Fraunhofer IAIS), Rajendra Akerkar (Vestlandsforsking)
- HOW: Register here
- WHY: Find out about the value of the Big Data Integrator Platform for the EU’s transport societal challenge and the way forward for big data in transport.
To register for the webinar, please click here.
Sign up to our newsletter to find out more on how you can get involved.
[BigDataEurope (BDE) SC4 and the LeMO project have established a cooperation, as both focus on big data in the transport sector. LeMO project representatives Arnaud Burgess and Maria Rodrigues (Panteia) already participated in the workshop, organised by BDE SC4, in September to present their project. Now, Tharsis Teoh (Panteia) has kindly contributed a blog entry.]